Here at Air Knights Heating & Cooling we know that in a cold climate like Minnesota, you can’t leave a house all winter with little or no heat. Appliances may fail, pipes will freeze and possibly burst, and flooding may occur as a result. If the temperature inside a house gets below 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0° Celsius) it’s likely that the water supply pipes and the drain traps will freeze.
When water freezes it expands 9 percent, and if there is no room for expansion it’s possible that pipes will burst. When the ice thaws the pipe will leak, and in the supply system this leak could occur anywhere. Fixing a burst pipe can be expensive, but the damage from uncontrolled water leakage can easily reach into the thousands of dollars. You do not want to experience the hassle and expense of having a pipe burst and spraying water all over your basement, or anywhere in your home.
In order to prevent this from happening to your home, we here at Air Knights, will winterize your home water system and appliances to provide you with the protection your home needs.
Air Knights Heating & Cooling Winterization Services Includes:
- Turning off the main water supply
- Open faucets to facilitate complete draining
- Turn off gas to water heater and drain
- Insure that all appliances that may contain water are drained
- Install antifreeze to all traps and appliances that may have residual water
- Take photographs of before and after service
Request a free estimate today by filling out the form below.